Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wild day

What a wild day! It all started after dad got home. He went downstairs to talk with mom. When he came back up, he wanted to talk to me. "I don't want you talking about the weather. I'm here, and I will take care of everything." He said. He went out into the garage and found our NOAA weather radio and turned it on. " It works Dad!" I said excitedly. Dad should not have had it on, for it started to go off. Dad went over to it. "A tornado warning has been issued for Kingman and SW Sedgwick county." it said. After listening to the radio a little more I realized that if it kept on going in the same direction, it would hit my friends home. Luckily, it didn't.

2 comments:

  1. If I hadn't had the radio on we might have missed out on a warning that was meant to protect us.

    I kept an eye on things to help keep us safe. I am glad everyone was safe. Love you, little apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well, the tornado sirens went off so, either way we would have known. Stolzvillle is doing just fine. Their power went off for about 5 hours. They didn't see a tornado but, they did see some funnel clouds.:)

    ReplyDelete